Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) is a scholarship program funded by the Department of Science and Technology of the Government of India, aimed at encouraging students to take up research careers in the areas of basic sciences, engineering and medicine. It offers scholarship and contingency grants up to the Pre-Ph.D. level to selected students.
The badge of being a KVPY Scholar is a prestigious one and it provides direct admission to top institutes like IISc and the various IISERs. KVPY exam is at par with the IIT JEE Entrance when it comes to the difficulty level.
The merit list of KVPY is based on 75% weight-age for Aptitude Test marks and 25% weight-age for the Interview marks in the streams SA (For class 11 students), SX (For class 12 students) and SB (For 1st year undergraduate science students).
Challenges that students face in KVPY Preparation:
- If you are a KVPY SA aspirant (class 11 student), you have to attempt all 4 subjects (Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Biology). If you have non-medical stream (PCM), still you need to give the biology part of KVPY SA exam.
- For KVPY SA and SX aspirants (class 11 and 12 students), you have to finish the syllabus before November of your academic session.
- KVPY is a test of Student’s Analytical and Aptitude skills in Science, cramming (mugging) techniques will not work.
- KVPY is not about clearing written test only, you have to clear the interview also. (Will not be conducted for KVPY 2021)
- There is no prescribed syllabus for KVPY. You have to rely on your coaching material.
Vibosm provides complete support for KVPY Coaching with Online Live Classes where students can interact 1-on-1 through voice with best experts and faculties for KVPY in India.